Does The Fear
Of Flying keep You From Enjoying Life Or Conducting
polls show that up to 50% of people are plagues by an
irrational fear of flying, fueled by repetitive thoughts
of gloom and doom.
Fear of flying can affect people
in all walks of life, and can range from mild anxiety
to full-blown panic attacks at the mere thought of boarding
an aircraft. Behavior modification and learning about
such concepts as what makes an airplane fly will help
to ease the white-knuckled travelers’ troubled
minds. Flight Attendant Express is offering seminars
to help those who wish to overcome their fears.
seminar, the first-of-a-kind in the Orlando area, features:
- Presentations by FAA, airline
and mental health professionals
- Airport tour
- Delta Air Lines tour to learn
about the safety features
- Tours of the Delta tower
- Counseling by licensed mental
- Optional “graduation”
Topics covered in
the seminar will include the role of the flight attendant,
pilot, ground crew, meteorologist and air traffic controller in keeping the skies safe. Flight attendants and an
air traffic controller/pilot from OIA will reinforce
the safety of air travel. A mental health professional
will teach flight-related coping skills and will offer
support on the safety aspects of air travel. Our staff
offers you this unique opportunity to acquire psycho-educational
information and gain coping skills.
Overcoming The Fear Of Flying Seminar Overview.
- Educate on why client has these fears, and what they are all about.
- Identify statistical safety information, in order to allay fears on a cognitive level.
- Teach how to face and conquer fears head on and deal with them appropriately.
- Teach coping techniques, such as imaging, distraction and how a sense of humor plays a huge part in dealing with stress
- Show the body’s physiological response to fear and become familiar with how these sensations trigger the “flight-or-fight” response.
- Train participants in relaxation techniques.
Educate about airplane safety and what various changes in the sounds and feelings mean within the aircraft cabin.
- Convey airline, air traffic control and weather information pertinent to the fear factor.
Seminar attendees should expect to learn how the fear mechanism works and how to deal with it successfully. Participants will learn the causes of various weather situations and how they affect travel.
A mental health professional and experienced flight attendant will conduct the main body of the seminar, which will also include a presentation by an air traffic controller/pilot and airport tours. These professionals will guide attendees through individualized techniques for relaxation and strategies for decreasing the panicky feelings associated with the fear of flying. Participants will learn familiarity with the sounds an airplane makes and each step in the process of flight.
Those attending will be provided with a new set of skills and information necessary to combat the pesky and sometimes debilitating fears which keep them from enjoying one of the most pleasant and convenient forms of transportation available today.
For less than the price of most airline tickets, you can gain the confidence you need to get you back in the air and enjoying the freedom that fearless flying can bring to your life! Cost of course: Only $449
*Note – With a doctor’s order, many insurance companies are now covering all or part of our program.
Seminars and individual one-on-one coaching available.